Y’all…..it’s time for more makeup! Don’t get too excited. This post is going to be looking at my BB creams and Primers. Just like with my cleansers and moisturizers, I don’t have a ton of full size of these products. But I still feel overwhelmed by the amount. The good thing is that with a little bit of concerted effort, it won’t take me too long to cut the number down pretty significantly.
BB Creams/Tinted Moisturizers
I love BB Creams. I have normal to dry skin so wearing a moisturizing BB cream under my foundation makes it look better and last longer. On the days I don’t wear makeup (weekends when I’m just going to yoga and/or running errands), my makeup routine consists of throwing on some BB cream, mascara and lip gloss. I also included tinted moisturizers in this category.
Total Count: 12 (1 full size, 7 deluxe samples, 4 samples)
- Peter Thomas Roth sample (.02 oz each).
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream deluxe sample (.25 oz) x 2. This is one of my favorite BB creams. One of these deluxe samples is light and one is light/medium. The light/medium is a tad dark for me, so I use it only on days that I want a bronzed up face. The light shade is PERFECT! It illuminates and moisturizes. I’ve gone through 1 full sized tube and will repurchase this shade when I’ve gotten through the rest of my samples.
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer deluxe sample (.31 oz). I use this on minimal makeup days. I like it, but this shade (St. Moritz Medium) is a bit dark for me. I can take or leave this product.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer deluxe sample (.5 oz). I really like this product and will most likely purchase once I finish this and the Nars samples.
- Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream deluxe sample (.5 oz). I just got this in the Sephora Sun Safety Kit and haven’t used it yet. I do love my Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray, so I have high hopes for this product.
- Boscia BB Cream Bronze full size (1.75 oz). I got this and the Boscia sunscreen on sale at Sephora a while ago. I love the Boscia BB Cream formulation but this obviously adds a lot of warmth to the face, so I use sparingly and not every day. It is probably 1/4 full.
- Sarah McNamara Transformer Instant Skin Imperfector Corrector deluxe sample (.1 oz). I think this is actually more of a primer. I know this product has been used, but I honestly don’t remember if I liked or not. It has been that long since I pulled it out!
- Dermadoctor DD cream sample (.06 oz). Not gonna lie…I HAVE NO IDEA what a DD cream is.
- Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer Face deluxe sample (.17 oz) x 2.
- Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer sample (.03 oz) x 4.
- DrJart+ Premium BB Cream deluxe sample (.2 oz)
- Jouer Matte Moisture Tint sample (.07 oz)
I think there’s something wrong with me, because I actually thought after counting these, “Oh, great! I only have 12 products.” In my defense, a lot of these products are less than half full. So, I’m hoping to be down to 2 products by the end of the year. I will probably stick with the Smashbox BB cream and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.
Goal: 2 BB Creams or tinted moisturizers.
Since my skin is normal to dry and I don’t have much of an issue with visible pores, I am not even sure I need a primer at all. Yet, as you can see, I have somehow accumulated a crap load of them. I don’t use them all that often. I only use them with certain foundations- matte finishes or powders. But even then, I only use it on the center of my face. So it takes FOREVER to get through even a sample. Sigh.
- Benefit The Porefessional sample and deluxe sample (.1 oz)
- Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protectant sample (.07 oz). I think this might actually belong in the tinted moisturizer category
- Kat Von D Lockit Featherweight Primer sample (.06 oz). As you’ll see when I post my foundation collection, I absolutely love the Lockit Foundation but I’ve never tried this primer. I will have to use it the next time I use the foundation.
- Lancome La Base Pro sample (.03 oz).
- Korres Mattifying Primer sample (.05 oz).
- Makeup Forever HD Primer sample (.05 oz) x 2. This is supposedly moisturizing, so maybe this will be the one primer I feel that I need in my collection.
- Laura Mercier Primer Radiance sample (.07 oz).
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More deluxe sample (.25 oz)
- Sephora Anti-shine Foundation Primer deluxe sample (.27 oz).
- Phenome sample (no size listed). I have no idea where I got this
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer deluxe sample (.25 oz). I just finished another deluxe sample of this that I had. I was fine. Like I said, I don’t know if I need a primer period.
- Make Face Primer sample (.18 oz)
At this point, I’m going to try to use all of these up and I’m not sure I want to purchase a full size primer. Since I won’t use it that much, that seems unnecessary. There are always 100 point perk primers on Sephora, so maybe I will just stick to that.
Goal: 1 deluxe sample primer