I’ve been traveling for work a lot, so this post has been delayed. Sorry to my 5 readers! I set a goal to post twice a week from now on. This post is going to be awesome and worth the wait. Foundations! As you can see, I don’t have a ton of these. Compared to some of the collections I have seen on YouTube, this seems downright reasonable. Or maybe I’m warped and this is really ridiculous. Anyway, since I don’t have a gazillion of these, I tried to share a bit more of my thoughts on each as well as the prices. I have to say, I really do like all of these foundations.
1. Kat Von D Lockit Tatoo Foundation (1 oz) $35. Y’all. Y’ALL. I love this foundation. I got a sample in a Sephora order and immediately fell in love. First of all, the color match is absolutely perfect (Light 48). And the coverage is flawless. I have normal/dry skin, so I wouldn’t have expected to like the finish, but it’s not drying at all. It is a matte to satin finish and it is BEAUTIFUL! I personally don’t use this as an everyday foundation because it is so full coverage. But for a night out or a special occasion? It makes my skin look flawless.
2. It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream (1.08 oz) $38. I haven’t actually used this yet but it has great reviews and I’m excited to try it.
3. Sephora Precision Mist Airbrush Foundation (2.5 oz) $28. This is an awesome everyday foundation. It gives a nice buildable coverage and a dewy finish. I don’t spray this directly on my face. I shake, spray onto my flat top foundation brush and swirl on my face. I usually build to medium coverage. Supposedly this foundation is a Dupe for the DiorFlash foundation but I have never tried it.
4. YSL Touche Eclat Foundation (1 oz) $57. This has been my daily foundation of late. It is a medium coverage, satin finish. I apply it with my fingers, then blend with my foundation brush and my Beauty Blender if there is any caking.
5. Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Foundation (1 oz) $50. This is very similar to the YSL foundation.
6. Bare Minerals Original Mineral Foundation (.28 oz) $28. This was my everyday foundation for almost 4 years. This was actually the first high end foundation I ever purchased and I’ve probably gone through at least 5 of these over the years. I used to really love this foundation and still use it on occasion, usually when I want a very natural finish. The major reason I stopped using it everyday was because I wanted a liquid foundation to use when I use liquid highlighters and blushes. Also, I noticed that this foundation makes my pores visible, which is weird because I don’t have large pores at all. So when I do use this, I apply a silicone-based primer through my t-zone and that helps.
7. Bare Minerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation deluxe sample (.5 oz) $29 for full size. I use this foundation when I want a very dewy, radiant look. The coverage is light to medium, so my skin has to be in pretty good shape for me to wear this, but it’s good for a summer beach or running errands day.
So even though this isn’t a ton of products compared to some of my other categories, they are all full size besides the last one. And no normal person needs 7 foundations. Also, the Dior and YSL foundations are pretty similar…..so maybe I should set a goal of 4. That’s reasonable, right? I’m thinking 1 full coverage, 1 everyday plus a couple of others with different finishes.
Goal: 4 foundations