So I know I haven’t gotten through my entire makeup collection, but I have a ton of empties to share. I started saving them at the same time I started this blog, thinking I would share these every couple weeks as I whittled down my collection. Well, good intentions can’t compete with an insane workload and travel schedule! I am going to try to do these every few weeks from now on. I broke this post down into skincare, makeup and self tanning. In the future I probably won’t have this many!
So I’ve gone through a decent amount of skincare stuff! I know a lot of these are samples or deluxe sample, but it still feels great to finish product and declutter!
1. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream sample
2. Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream sample
3. Murad Acne and Wrinkle Reducer sample
4. Boscia Tsubaki Beuaty Oil deluxe sample
5. Meaningful Beauty Glowing Serum deluxe sample. I got this as a free sample with my WEN subscription shipment (I’ve since canceled). It’s actually nice. I’m now sure if it made me “glow” but it smelled nice and was moisturizing. Sadly, I was not transformed into Cindy Crawford.
6. Murad Intensive Wrinkle Reducer. Not sure if this did anything. It felt nice. Meh.
7. Fresh Black Tea Age Delay Lotion sample
8. Philosophy Full of Promise Cream sample
9. Sephora Age Defying Moisture Cream SPF 15 deluxe sample
10. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre sample
11. SK-II Cellumination Cream sample. I had high hopes for this, because there are so many rave reviews and it is CRAZY expensive. But it was underwhelming. Though to be fair, I only used it a half a dozen times.
12. Clarisonic Hydro Cleanser deluxe sample. I loved this cleanser. It may be my repurchase once I get through my cleanser stash.
13. Kate Sommerville Exfolikate deluxe sample. This stuff is SO, SO good. It’s intensely tingly, but did not irritate my skin. It just made it feel so soft and smooth. It is definitely a candidate for repurchase once I get through some of my other masks and exfoliaters.
14. Clarisonic Refreshing gel cleanser deluxe sample. This was a little bit drying on my normal/dry skin. It felt nice though. I think this would be great on oily skin.
15. Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash deluxe sample. I hated this stuff as it was super drying. I think I got it for free a long time ago from my dermatologist with her prescription for Retin-A. Anyway, I’m glad it’s GONE!
16. SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser sample. As with the SK-II moisturizer, I was expecting this to be awesome. It SUCKED. Seriously. It had the consistency of shaving cream. And it dried my skin out to a ridiculous degree. I do have normal/dry skin, but wow I can’t believe how much I hated it. Luckily, this sample only lasted me 2 days.
17. Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm sample
While I haven’t officially started a Project Pan (stay tuned for that!) I did get through a couple of items I’ve had for a while.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer deluxe sample. This stuff is okay. Nothing special.
2. Benefit Watts Up deluxe sample. This was some kind of Sephora points perk/sample/part of a kit. I’ve actually gone through a couple of these deluxe samples. I like this stuff, but it isn’t my favorite highlighter. I prefer either a matte highlighter- think YSL Touche Eclat or Burberry Nude Glow or a real intense shimmer like the Becca shimmering skin perfectors. I’m not a huge fan of the cream stick formula either. I prefer a liquid or a powder. In short: I don’t hate this, but I wouldn’t purchase a full size.
3. Cover FX Cream Concealer sample. I really LOVED the formula of this concealer. The shade was too dark for my under eye area and it pulled really, really orange. But I would definitely repurchase if I can find the right shade.
4. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal. I’ve now tried both the liquid and powder forms of this product (not the poured, cream version though). While both are really good, I have to say that I prefer the liquid! I feel like it gives me a glow but doesn’t show my pores the way the powder sometimes can.
5. Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation
6. Marc Jacobs High Liner Gel Crayon deluxe sample. I get these every time they are offered as a Sephora point perk. The formula is amazing! It is so creamy and glides on so easily. And it stays in place. My only complaint- and I realize this sounds weird- is that it dries and gets stuck in between my eye lashes in large chunks. It almost feels like I have eye booger- gross, right?? Anyway, I’m worried that this will pull out my eyelashes. Am I a total weirdo?
7. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara deluxe sample. I love this stuff. It’s funny because I feel like this mascara gets bad reviews on YouTube, but I think it’s awesome. I should throw in the caveat that I am lucky enough to have naturally long and fairly full eye lashes. Not bragging…I also have acne AND wrinkles!
8. YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll MAscara deluxe sample. Gah I love this mascara so much. It is more lengthening than volumizing, but it doesn’t give a spider look. I used this in combination with the Smashbox mascara and the look that it created was AH.MAZE.ING.
9. MAC Cremsheen Lipstick in Japanese Maple. I had this lipstick forever. I did like the color and I love the formula. MAC lipsticks smell amazeballs, amirite? Anyway, I only had a little bit left, so I focused on using it up because it was most likely close to going bad.
Self Tanning Product
Sooooo, I don’t really self tan. I don’t know…I’m pale and embrace my paleness! I did get these products either in kits or as samples. So after hoarding them for a long time I figured I might as well use them. I can’t really give a great opinion about them as the samples are small and I’m no expert on these types of products.
1. Comodynes Self tanning Towelettes
2. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad
3. Tarte Brazillance Self Tanner