Sigh. I am not supposed to be buying makeup right now. When I got the invite for the VIB Rouge Event, I thought, “Oh, I want to get the Makeup Eraser. That will be the only thing I buy.” Says the makeup addict. Anyway, on the bright side- I really didn’t buy anything in the categories that I have a TON of product. I bought mostly lipsticks. I have a fair amount of lipsticks, as you’ll see when I get to that part of my makeup inventory. But I don’t have a CRAZY amount (says the makeup addict). And I only bought colors that I don’t have dupes for.
Anyway, the event was cool. No discount, but 4x points on purchases and a goodie bag and food. I was surprised to see how many other crazy makeup addicts there are….it was quite crowded! Here is what I picked up:
1. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lip stick in Melted Strawberry. I love these. I have 3 other shades and I’ve been dying to get this one since I swatched it a few months ago.
2. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Armaggedon. I have heard so many good things about this product and the color blew me away when I swatched it. It is a BRIGHT carnation pink.
3. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lip stick in Melted Villian. This color is amazing! I have been really wanting to get a dark, vampy lipstick and I love this shade. I do have a Chanel lipstick that is similar, but this one is a bit darker and more matte. I am so excited to wear this!
4. Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Polished Purple. This sort of looks like the same color as melted villian, but it’s brighter and has a bit more shine.
5. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Moonstone. I got a sample of this and loved it. I got the smaller size (.68 oz) because you only need a TINY bit to get the effect. This tube will probably last me 5 years.
6. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Agatha. I’ve been on the hunt for a good nude lipstick ever since I finished my MAC Cremeshene in Japanese Maple. Most nudes I come across are either too brown or too pink or too dark for my taste. I like a really light, slightly peachy nude. And this color is pretty much that. I used up a deluxe sample of another KVD Studded Kiss lipstick and I know I like the formula.
6. Clinique Lip Pop Color + Primer in Grape Pop. So apparently, the purple lipsticks were calling my name today, eh? I’ve been wanting to try this formula for a while, they seem to get really good reviews. I wore this the rest of the day today and yeah, it’s really purple. It’s not super long wearing, but it doesn’t dry out my lips either. Thumbs up.
7. Beauty Blender. I just hopped on the Beauty Blender train a couple of months ago. Like most rational people, I thought spending $20 on a tiny sponge was insanity. I bought a couple of knock offs and wasn’t impressed. I finally gave in and now understand what all the hype is about. These sponges really do blend makeup like a dream. They are worth the money. I think you’re supposed to change them out every 3-4 months, right? So this is my back up.
8. Makeup Eraser. I’m super intrigued by this product. It really does seem to work. I haven’t said much about this on my blog, but I’m actually a pretty die hard environmentalist. I realize this is VERY contradictory to the the fact that I am a hyper-consumer of makeup, but that’s a topic for another blog. I bring this up because I refuse to buy makeup remover wipes. It just seems SO wasteful. But is using cotton balls and a bottle of makeup remover any better? Probably only slightly so. “Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a makeup remover cloth that I could reuse over and over?” I would ask myself. Seriously, I have thought about this for years! And here it is! I am really hoping I like it because it is the answer to my environmentalist/makeup addict dreams.
9. Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion. I got a deluxe sample of the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and loved it. It adds texture without making my hair crunchy. I was looking at it in store and one of the Sephora girls suggested I try the Surf Infusion (I think they are roughly the same price) as it is less drying. I tried it in store and loved it. I really only use this type of spray a couple times a week and only a few spritzes, so I think this will last me a while. I should have probably gotten the smaller size….
10. Sample Bag. This had some good stuff including: A L’Occitane hand cream (LOVE this stuff), Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser, Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Maverick, Formula X Sheer Strength Nail Polish in Wondrous, Benefit the Porefessional Primer, Chloe Perfume, Korres Wild Rose Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, and Fresh Rose Face Mask. Pretty excited about the Boscia, Korres and Fresh skincare stuff as well as the L’Occitane lotion which is amazing. Everything else is meh.
So yeah, that was a lot of makeup for someone who doesn’t need any! But as I said at the beginning of this post, at least I stuck to makeup categories where I don’t have a ridiculous amount of product already and I didn’t buy anything that I already have a dupe for in my collection. Baby steps, right?